Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Dinner + Kaya Discovery

We had a lovely dinner last night inspired by Costco. That store always has wonderful meats, including leg of lamb. We rounded up some of Sanjai's Ortho folks for a Sunday Dinner. I think our invitation threw our guests for a loop, since home-cooked Sunday dinner is not really the norm with our group of people. However, we had a fantastic time with lots of laughter and very full bellies.

Even though cloudy and cold weather has begun to settle into Chicago, today was at least sunny. Poor, little Kaya has been deficient in her exercise lately due to busy schedules and unpredictable weather. So, I took her for a walk and a game of fetch. I'm sure any reader could tell that Sanjai and I are crazy about our yellow beast. However, one of our only gripes is that she is terrible on a leash! She pulls like crazy despite multiple different leashes and using training techniques. So, today after throwing the ball for her, I decided to let her just carry the ball in her mouth on the way home. It kept me from having to carry the slimy ball. I normally wouldn't let her, because she is so clumsy, she normally drops it. However, today she firmly held on to the ball AND as a result, she walked on the leash without pulling!! It was such a triumph. I'm going to have to try it again before she has worn herself out running.

2 comments:

Brooke Eriksen said...

I stumbled upon your blog, how fun! Hope all is well in Chicago:)

Jenny said...

Our crazy chocolate lab has the same leash problem, I am glad to hear I am not the only one. I will try the ball trick!